Wednesday, May 24, 2006

All Saints' Summer walk


Last night the Thursday evening walk took place on Tuesday(!) so as not to clash with the Ascension day service (on Thursday) - as Thursday evenings are out for me as I work until 8:30 that night I was keen to go and we enjoyed a walk despite the torrential downpour. Went along Macclesfield canal - and saw a number of geese and a heron looking rather damp - and then through Lyme Park, unfortunately we were too early in the year for the rhododendrons. No view of the house from the route of the walk and with the conditions only one of us braved an extension of the walk up a hill to see if the house was visible. Then back to drinks and chips and the Miners Arms Adlington.
Looks like being the only one of these walks for me this summer unless my working hours change... full photo album of the evening om my web site - though with the rain there weren't many photos taken!

No comments: