Friday, November 24, 2006

Letting go

More apposite words from Alan Ecclestone's day book:
Let the roses go, that you fastened in my hair
One summer night in a garden, and the song
That we heard from another house, where the piano was playing:
The shadow a street lamp cast though the net of a curtain,
The river at night, smooth silent Thames, flowing though London.
Kathleen Raine from Parting

Fitted in well with my mood that day, letting go of a person - or of one's image of a person is always traumatic, oh yes I can handle that new information but it involves losing and that's the point where it is not so easy.

Was looking for quotations of this poem - mainly so I didn't have to type it! I found this moving piece

2 comments:

Catez said...

Thankyou for linking my post. I love Kathleen Raine's work, and your thoughts here made me think. Losing the image of a person - it is an adjustment seeing some-one in a different light than the one we have ben used to - sometimes for better but sometimes it means accepting flaws. Nice post.

rajm said...

Thanks for reading...