Thursday, June 14, 2007

Many waters

Many things seem have happened since the last blog and here am I posting nothing but I suppose that's typical of me...on Saturday I went down to Sussex - by train - to visit my mother and hired a car from Gatwick - of which more later! Next day there was an unexpected opportunity to knock at the door of my parents old house - Palmers which they bought from Rodney Millington who was involved in the theatrical directory Spotlight - it is now owned by the Hales - Robert - before his current job worked up in Cheshire for Montgomery Watson - a company to which I was briefly TUPEd before escaping!
The Monday back to Gatwick via Shipley to see the John Ireland grave
.. 'many waters cannot quench love' together with 'My Song is Love Unknown' and on the other side of his writing there's the occult reach of Scarlet Ceremonies and Sarnia. Below are pictures of Shipley church and the churchyard looking towards the windmill


Back in the car to return it to Gatwick and when I arrived I discovered that the wheelarch had been scuffed - I assume when my mother and I went to lunch - wasn't a lot of room to get the wheelchair around the car and I assume it must have rubbed - that was a cool £400!! If you have a disabled space make sure there's room to get the wheelchair past rather than sharing the disabled entrance with the parking bay!

No comments: