Saturday, January 12, 2008

Initals RC

If only Robert Duncan's final name began with a C... I'm just (re-)reading Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum and am currently around chapter 80 where Eco describes a Templar plot to gain power and find the Umbilicus of the world which involves getting the Sun's rays to strike foucault's pendulum if it is swung in the correct time/place - currently hypothesised to be Jerusalem in June. Gafcon happens to be meeting in Jerusalem in June (a sort of preempting of Lambeth). I nearly fell out of bed when I got to these chapters last night - let conspiracy theories reign!
Unfortunately Gafcon is down to finish before the critical date of the 24th (though I suppose those who aren't invited to Lambeth might stay on) and I can't think of any of the Gafcon gang with the initials RC (also important - Rosa Crucians, Rick of Casablanca, Cardinal Richelieu backwards...)

No comments: