Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hazel Grove Festival

It's a week back now but I ought to report on my performances which I'd flagged up at the Hazel Grove Musical Festival. I played the Poulenc Sicilienne from the Suite Francaise, a bit of a trifle but good for settling me in - though it was on a different piano to the afternoon classes (and, I think, a rather poorer one). In the afternoon the Schubert Moment Musicale No 2 - got the best mark for this of the three - and I was pretty happy with it. For the open class I played two Mompou Cancion y Danza (nos 6 and 2) when fairly well, some raggedness and I think I was too aware of a possible gap between the pieces. Didn't get any placings but it was a good thing to work towards. If you follow this link - scroll down to Dec 15th 2009 and before, you'll find YouTube versions of the Schubert and Mompou and here is the Poulenc (none of them played by me!!) - and in this case played by a guitar duo with rather overactive camera work!

No comments: