Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 2 March



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Those sunny days in Clare Street, working in Aunt Florence's shop, for example. They made things then. Things that would last, things that you could look at, admire.
From Part 2 of Christine Dwyer Hickey's Dublin Trilogy 'the gambler'. Having enjoyed her latest book 'The Last train from Liguria', I wanted to try some of her other work, I'm currently struggling rather with this, but am still hoping that I, or it, settle down!
Here's the Amazon page for the book, curiously there are no reviews, interesting for a book published in 1996!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Interesting teaser. Here's Mine.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

You'll have to post a review on amazon!

Kaye said...

ha, I miss those days! Have a great week and happy reading. Here is my teaser and giveaway

Liz said...

My teaser is from "This Hungry Spirit" by C. Clinton Sidle, which is about our need for basic goodness, and what makes us happy. The route to happiness and success is to discover the greater aspect called basic goodness. And happiness is not about "stuff!"

From page 15: "The reason, I believe, is that what our hungry spirit longs for is not just about happiness. I believe it longs for what I call “meaning”—something that draws into us what matters most to us, and gives fullness to what we do and who we are."