Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 6 April



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
It's builded firm of genes and cells,
And neurons without number;
My Ark enfolds the million years
That Adam spent in slumber.

And when destruction swirls around,
To Ararat I'll glide;
My Ark will then come safe to land
By light of Spirit's guide
To follow on from my reading earlier in the year of Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake, here's a teaser from her 'The Year of the Flood'. I'm nearly tempted to find a hymn tune it fits and sneak it in one Sunday! I'm not finding it as dark as Oryx but it is early days!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have not read this one by Atwood, however, I do like the teaser and you are correct, it may need a tune. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-in-shadow-of-cypress.html

Lisa said...

this sounds like something I like to read

Here's mine.

Kaye said...

i've resisted Atwood so far but this one sounds interesting. I hope you're enjoying the book. My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here