Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 6 July



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Yes. Pious girls have tender hearts. They believe sad stories. So I have heard. All to their credit of course. And they usually lead sheltered lives.
far(!) more than 2 sentences from Marilynne Robinson's 'Home' - following on from a recent read of her Gilead, I've moved onto her next book.

4 comments:

jlshall said...

I've heard good things about Marilynne Robinson's books, although I haven't read any of them yet. Interesting teaser!

TT: Noah’s Compass

Julie said...

Interesting teaser! Will look around for more information on this book!

My teaser: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-6-2010.html

Emma Michaels said...

Loving your teaser! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

LKT said...

LOVE Marilynne Robinson. Such an artist. And such a beautiful collection of short, simple, evocative sentences you've put there.

My teasers: http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-july-6.html