Friday, December 24, 2010

Not ashamed

Whilst down in Sussex a fortnight ago I picked up a copy of Heart of West Sussex - a local Christian newspaper, it contained this quote from George Carey:
Now there was hostile opposition to the Christian message and our values, demonstrated in newspapers like the 'Independent' and 'Guardian':`Words like 'evangelical, Bible, traditional values, faithfulness in marriage, worship' are boo words. Religion is despised.
(apparently from the Bognor Bible Week). I think Dr Carey has been spending too much time reading commenters on the Guardian web pages the free-for-all forum - I don't recognise that description and I am not ashamed to be either a Christian or a Guardian reader (I read the Independent too, on Sunday). I note the scare quotes around the newspaper names in the quote!

1 comment:

Suem said...

I couldn't agree more. I wish they'd stop whingeing all the time!