Saturday, April 23, 2011

A shadow on the screen


I thought at first this was the graphics card going - if you look in the top left hand corner of the screen shot you'll see a rectangular shadow on the screen, but it doesn't appear all the time and its appearance tends to coincide with my starting a particular application (amarok - which I use to play music). It - the shadow - doesn't vanish when I close amarok and doesn't appear every time. Though, if it were hardware, I doubt if I could get a screenshot of the problem! I wonder if it is trying to talk to kwin (the kde window manager) which I'm not running? This screenshot with a huge clear space for admiring the background is me running ubuntu using fluxbox as a window manager. This problem has only occurred in the past week or so and I've not much longer been using the closed source nvidia driver, maybe that's the issue?

No comments: