Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 12th June



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Should the pace prove to be too demanding, one or two of you may fall by the wayside,' he warned, staring down at the front three rows.' St Bede's is not a school for the faint heated. So be sure never to forget the words of the great Cecil Rhodes: If you are lucky enough to have been born an Englishman, you have won the first prize in the lottery of life.
A headmasters pep-talk for the new prep-school intake in Jeffrey Archer's Only Time will tell (by the international best selling author of that name) - I couldn't resist including that extra sentence! The latest BATS (book group) book - it has beenj an interesting transition moving from Emma Donoghue's The Room - told in the voice of a five year old to this through the eyes of a youngster and with also a pared down vocabulary - nothing to frighten the masses! Here's John Crace's digested read on the book. I went to a prep school where I boarded for a term...

3 comments:

Meghan@OwlReadIt said...

Great teaser! :) I add extra sentences all the time. Sometimes you have to to get the whole awesome thought in there. When you like a book you gotta show everyone how awesome it is haha. I read Room just a little while ago and I really liked it! What a great book. I hope you enjoyed it as well :). Here is my teaser for this week: http://owl-read-it.blogspot.ca/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-15.html

Kathy Martin said...

Nice teaser. I hope you are enjoying the book. My teasers this week are from Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Happy reading!

Maria said...

Interesting teaser...lol

Here's my TT