Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 17th July



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
A little late but having just got back from holiday...
That is one of the many legacies left by your friend Dr. Eckman. I am sure there are more I have yet to come across. In the brief amout of time he was with us he managed to teach Easter the fundamentals of table manners as well as the alphabet, or most of the alphabet. I see the K is missing.
4 sentences I know! From Ann Patchett's State of Wonder. Here's Patchett talking about the book:I must read Conrad's Heart of Darkness, I was thinking of JG Ballard - someone she doesn't mention in that interview - and his Illuminated Man. Pay close attention to the opera visit and the Orpheus myth! I much enjoyed her Bel Canto but I think this is better. Very much recommended, we were about to head out for dinner (on holiday) and I decided I just had time to read the last chapter, I wasn't quite prepared for all that happens in those last few pages!

No comments: