Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - April 16



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Jacob stopped crying. 'Can I have a polar bear drink tomorrow?'
From Mark Haddon's A spot of bother our book group book of the month. Here's the Guardian review - yes I have been wondering about the absence of mobile phones too! I'm also finding the pace a bit relentless, I just wish he'd stop have a look around and take a breather!

2 comments:

Sonia Lal said...

What is a polar bear drink?


Sonia Lal

rajm said...

I think there are children's drinks with a picture of a polar bear on the carton. But it's never explained...