Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - Jan 6



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
The pod is completely dark and sound-free (although the one I used did offer customers the option of 'calming music') and you feel neither temperature nor gravity. I was generously given a double session, because my friend felt that I was more used to silence than most people and a single hour would not be enough for me to get the full benefits.
Sara Maitland's A Book of Silence - I've been wanting to read this and happened to notice it in the library - a book on the value and dangers of silence. In the teaser she's describing a session in a flotation tank at a health spa.

No comments: