Sunday, January 03, 2016

Raisin Spice Cookies

I did these for after church coffee this morning, as I commented at the foot of this post my recipe book has for method - ' rub in marg' and that's it! I've attempted to add a few more hints..

Ingredients

  1. 8 oz self raising flour
  2. 1 tsp cinnamon
  3. 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  4. 8 oz fine semoline
  5. 8 oz marg
  6. 8 oz caster sugar
  7. 2 eggs
  8. milk (!)
  9. 3 oz raisins

Method

Mix dry ingredients, add (beaten) eggs and rub in marg, add milk if it's too dry - I hardly needed any when I made it yesterday.
Place in small balls (c. 1 raisin per ball) widely spaced on a baking tray and cook in 170deg C oven for c 15 minutes, let cool slightly before on a cooling rack otherwise the biscuits will sag! (Makes around 60)

No comments: